Social Media Posting Guidelines
Thank you for following the American society of Appraisers (“ASA”) through our social media platforms. While visiting our LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook sites, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
ASA Social Media Posting Guidelines:
The creation of ASA-labeled social media channels on third party social media websites, and any postings and comments therein, shall not contain or link to language or illustrations that:
- Are libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, demeaning, derogatory, abusive, ad hominem, or off-topic;
- Contain content that is confidential or proprietary to ASA, its contributors, or affiliates;
- Violate the Sherman Act or any other anti-trust laws;
- Violate ASA’s Antitrust Guidelines;
- Are solely for commercial purposes;
- Endorse any candidate or office holder or partisan political position;
- Include spam or chain letters;
- Violate third party’s right to privacy or any other applicable local, state, national, or international law; or
- Degrade others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification.
Authors who create, post and/or comment on ASA-labeled social media channels shall:
- Represent that they have the legal right to reproduce, adapt, display and distribute the material and that it does not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any other person or entity.
- Include their name in the creation of social media channels and with each post or comment; anonymous activity is not permitted.
- Certify that they are of legal age (18 or older).
The opinions of ASA social media channel creators, moderators, posters and commentators are their own, and not necessarily that of ASA or its affiliates.
ASA is not responsible for the content of third party social media websites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on them.
With these rules and guidelines in mind, happy posting!