Call for Articles
Our membership has a long history of having specialized experiences in a diverse range of properties and practice areas. Our members are involved in some of the most sophisticated and challenging valuation environments occurring today.
The American Society of Appraisers’ Machinery & Technical Specialties Committee publishes The M&TS Journal, whose purpose is to serve as a tool for providing our members’ insights and experiences from which all may learn and to provide a venue for educated discourse.
We are calling for articles that cover the professional practice of valuation as well as specific valuation concepts and methodology. If you have questions about the suitability of your topic to the Journal, please contact the editor for guidance: Brad Hartsburg, ASA, at email@example.com or (403) 650-1122.
Each article submitted needs to be provided as follows:
- Electronic form using Microsoft Word.
- Email article submissions to the MTS Journal Editor.
- Include a cover letter with the author’s name, complete mailing address, telephone and email contacts.
- Biography of author with present employment, title(s), designations, digital photograph, and availability for follow-up contact.
- Article – The article should be between 750 to 1,500 words. If the author believes the article needs to be of a different length, then they should communicate with the editor prior to submission.
- The article must contain an overview paragraph of 2-3 sentences, an introduction and a conclusion paragraph.
- Sources referenced must be cited using proper endnotes.
All articles must be the author’s original work, and must not include any assignment-specific confidential information, unless authorization for release of the information is simultaneously provided with the article.