Category: Personal Property/Gems & Jewelry:
Please see the "Upcoming Classes" tab below for class offerings
and registration information.
PP/GJ 204 introduces students to compliance
with laws and regulations in order for them to conduct their appraisal
practices. Using the information learned in the previous three (3) courses,
participants expand their understanding of professional standards and the
ethical requirements of an appraiser. The course allows students to utilize
their analysis techniques for concluding Fair Market Value in an appraisal
assignment. Further insight into the auction market, the insurance industry and
how tort law affects appraisers is covered in this course as well as the
legal court precedents on which many appraisal issues are based.
As part of the course, students will develop a Fair Market
Value oral appraisal report for the property that they appraised in PP/GJ
Upon completion of this course, student will have a
solid understanding of:
- Court cases that have established precedents in appraisal
- Expanded use of Fair Market Value;
- Working with the insurance industry;
- Ethical and professional standards in USPAP;
- Other functions of an appraiser; and
- Expanded look at the auctions marketplace.