GJ Schedule Released for ASA Conference
2012 ASA INTERNATIONAL APPRAISERS CONFERENCE TO OFFER GEMS AND JEWELRY APPRAISERS VALUABLE EDUCATIONAL AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
The 2012 International Appraisers Conference travels to Phoenix, October 7-10, 2012 for 4 days of workshops and presentations covering a comprehensive selection of valuation topics taught by leading industry experts. The historic and prestigious Arizona Biltmore, located in the heart of Phoenix, serves as this year’s host hotel.
The conference features an impressive line up of educational and networking opportunities for gems and jewelry professionals. Attend practical and informative educational sessions presented by experienced industry leaders and learn about the latest in the gemstones and jewelry markets, while advancing your valuation skills with topics on how to value inventory, author engagement letters, and maintain ethics. Develop strategic relationships with fellow professionals by participating in scheduled networking events. Swap stories and strategies with peers and establish rapport for future referral potential. Lastly, be sure not to miss the Post-Conference Tour of Southwestern Culture and Jewelry, an exciting all-day event with visits to Native American Cliff Dwellings and the Douglas Mansion Silver Mining Museum; lunch in spectacular Sedona; and a presentation on Native American Jewelry by Mark Bahti of the University of Arizona Department of American Indian Studies.
Participants are eligible to earn up to (15.75) CE credit(s) for ASA reaccreditation.
GEMS AND JEWELRY SESSIONS
Monday, October 8
- 9:30 - 10:30am—Evaluating Large Diamonds and Fancy Color
- 11:00 - 12:00pm—Valuing Jewelry Store Inventories
- 1:45 - 4:00pm—Ethics Challenge: Maintaining Your Ethics in an Unethical World
- 4:15 - 5:30pm—Stalking Exotic Gemstone Markets
Tuesday, October 9
- 8:00 - 9:00am—Appraising Vedic & Astrological Gems
- 9:15 - 10:15am—Writing a Bullet-Proof Engagement Letter
- 10:45 - 11:45am—“Somewhere in the Rainbow” World Class Gem Collection
- 1:30 - 2:30pm—The Latest Changes in Watches
- 3:00 - 4:00pm—Advanced Diamond Cut Evaluation of ASET Images Part III
- 4:15 - 5:30pm—Contemporary American Indian Jewelry
Wednesday, October 10
- 8:00 - 9:00am—Tracking Down Trademarks & Arabic Quality Marks
- 9:00 - 10:00am—Testing Tricky Silver
- 10:30 - 12:30pm—“Do You Know What You Are Talking About?”
CONFERENCE SPECIAL EVENTS & TOURS
- Sunday, October 7, 5:30pm—ASA Educational Foundation Live and Silent Auctions
- Sunday, October 7, 7:00pm-8:30pm—Get-Acquainted Welcome Reception
- Monday, October 8, 12:00pm—Awards Presentation and Luncheon
- Monday, October 8, 6:00pm - 7:30pm—President’s Networking Reception
- Thursday, October 11, 7:30 - 7:00pm—Tour of Southwestern Culture and Jewelry
For complete sessions, tours, hotel discounts, and other conference information click here.
Don’t miss out on the most important gems and jewelry event of the year. Make your plans today to attend the 2012 ASA International Appraisers Conference. Register online or call (800) 272-8258.