MTS Schedule Released for ASA Conference
2012 ASA International Appraisers Conference to Offer Machinery and Technical Specialties Appraisers Valuable Educational and Networking Opportunities
The 2012 International Appraisers Conference travels to Phoenix, October 7-10, 2012 for 4 days of workshops and presentations covering a comprehensive selection of valuation topics taught by leading industry experts. The historic and prestigious Arizona Biltmore, located in the heart of Phoenix, serves as this year’s host hotel.
The conference features an impressive line up of educational and networking opportunities for machinery and technical specialties professionals. Attend practical and informative educational sessions presented by experienced industry leaders and learn about the latest in the machinery and technical specialties markets, while advancing your valuation skills with topics on measuring obsolescence in fixed assets, audit reviews, impairment, pipeline appraisals, environmental impacts on asset values, and asset recovery. Develop strategic relationships with fellow professionals by participating in scheduled networking events. Swap stories and strategies with peers and establish rapport for future referral potential. Lastly, be sure not to miss the tour of the Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant Virtual Training Center, with an informative overview of the facility, its structural and mechanical construction components and materials, and the processes used in the facility.
Participants are eligible to earn up to (12.50) CE credit(s) for ASA reaccreditation.
MACHINERY AND TECHNICAL SPECIALTIES SESSIONS
Monday, October 8
- 8:00 - 9:30am—Joint Conference Opening Remarks and Keynote Address: America’s Economic Future
- 9:30 - 10:30am—Joint Multi-Discipline General Session: Raising the Bar for the Valuation Profession
- 11:00 - 12:00pm—Measuring Obsolescence in Fixed Assets
- 1:45 - 2:45pm—Audit Reviews
- 3:00 - 5:00pm—Impairment
Tuesday, October 9
- 8:00 - 12:00pm—Tour of Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant Virtual Training Center
- 12:30 - 3:00pm—Working Lunch and Power Plant Valuation: A Challenge for the 21st Century
- 3:15 - 5:15pm—Joint Multi-Discipline General Session: Healthcare Valuation
Wednesday, October 10
- 8:00 - 9:00am—Generation: Where is the Value?
- 9:00 - 10:00am—Pipeline Appraisals
- 10:30 - 11:30pm—Environmental Impacts on Asset Values
- 11:30 - 12:00pm—Asset Recovery: A Key Component in Any Business Plan
CONFERENCE SPECIAL EVENTS
- Sunday, October 7, 5:30pm—ASA Educational Foundation Live and Silent Auctions
- Sunday, October 7, 7:00 - 8:30pm—Get-Acquainted Welcome Reception
- Monday, October 8, 12:00pm—Awards Presentation and Luncheon
- Monday, October 8, 6:00 - 7:30pm—President’s Networking Reception
For complete sessions, tours, hotel discounts, and other conference information click here.
Don’t miss out on the most important machinery and technical specialties event of the year. Make your plans today to attend the 2012 ASA International Appraisers Conference. Register online or call (800) 272-8258.