Written by Gary Trugman, Understanding Business Valuation: A Practical Guide to Valuing Small-to Medium-Sized Businesses, simplifies a technical and complex area of practice with real-world experience and examples. Trugman's informal, easy-to-read style covers all the bases in the various valuation approaches, methods, and techniques. Readers at all experience levels will find valuable information that will improve and fine-tune their business valuation knowledge.
Topics include valuation standards, theory, approaches, methods, discount and capitalization rates, S corporation issues, and much more. Author's Note boxes throughout the publication draw on the author's veteran, practical experience to identify critical points in the content. This edition has been greatly expanded to include new topics as well as enhanced discussions of existing topics.
New and expanded in this edition:
- New content on statistics for business valuation and
economic damage analyses.
- Forecasting techniques for business valuation and
- Pass through entities including a discussion of the
leading models used to estimate taxes.
- An accompanying CD-ROM that includes new sample
reports and one of the most comprehensive bibliographies in the business.
- The discounts and premiums section has been greatly expanded to included discussion of additional types of discounts as well as quantification techniques used to calculate marketability discounts. This includes a discussion on how to use the Black-Scholes Option Pricing Model.
Gary Trugman, ASA, CPA/ABV, MCBA, MVS. Hardcover; 1146 pages; 2012
This item is only available to ASA members.
Non-member students who wish to purchase this book for recommended reading may
do so at www.cpa2biz.com.