RP Schedule Released for ASA Conference
2012 ASA International Appraisers Conference to Offer Real Property Appraisers Valuable Educational and Networking Opportunities
The 2012 International Appraisers Conference travels to Phoenix, October 7-10, 2012 for 4 days of workshops and presentations covering a comprehensive selection of valuation topics taught by leading industry experts. The historic and prestigious Arizona Biltmore, located in the heart of Phoenix, serves as this year’s host hotel.
The conference features an impressive line up of educational and networking opportunities for real property professionals. Attend practical and informative educational sessions presented by experienced industry leaders and learn about the latest in the real property markets, while advancing your valuation skills with topics on contemporary valuation issues involving industrial properties, shopping mall intangible value extraction, power plant valuation challenges, gas station valuation trends, and appraisal review opportunities. Develop strategic relationships with fellow professionals by participating in scheduled networking events. Swap stories and strategies with peers and establish rapport for future referral potential. Lastly, be sure not to miss the tour of the Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant Virtual Training Center, with an informative overview of the facility, its structural and mechanical construction components and materials, and the processes used in the facility.
Participants are eligible to earn up to (12.50) CE credit(s) for ASA reaccreditation.
REAL PROPERTY SESSIONS
Monday, October 8
- 8:00 - 9:30am—Joint Conference Opening Remarks and Keynote Address: America’s Economic Future
- 9:30 - 10:30am—Joint Multi-Discipline General Session: Raising the Bar for the Valuation Profession
- 11:00 - 12:00pm—Contemporary Valuation Issues Involving Industrial Properties, Part 1
- 1:45 - 2:45pm—Contemporary Valuation Issues Involving Industrial Properties, Part 2
- 3:00 - 5:00pm—Shopping Mall Intangible Value Extraction: Prospects & Pitfalls in Assessment Disputes
Tuesday, October 9
- 8:00 - 12:00pm—Tour of Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant Virtual Training Center
- 12:30 - 3:00pm—Working Lunch and Power Plant Valuation: A Challenge for the 21st Century
- 3:15 - 5:15pm—Joint Multi-Discipline General Session: Healthcare Valuation
Wednesday, October 10
- 8:00 - 10:00am—Gas Station Valuation: Distinguishing the Real, Personal and Intangible Property
- 10:00 - 12:00pm—Appraisal Review: Reviewing in Today’s Market – The Good, the Bad, the Ugly
CONFERENCE SPECIAL EVENTS
- Sunday, October 7, 5:30pm—ASA Educational Foundation Live and Silent Auctions
- Sunday, October 7, 7:00 - 8:30pm—Get-Acquainted Welcome Reception
- Monday, October 8, 12:00pm—Awards Presentation and Luncheon
- Monday, October 8, 6:00 - 7:30pm—President’s Networking Reception
For complete sessions, tours, hotel discounts, and other conference information click here.
Don’t miss out on the most important real property event of the year. Make your plans today to attend the 2012 ASA International Appraisers Conference. Register online or call (800) 272-8258.