The American Society of Appraisers announces the release of the 2013 International Appraisers Conference sessions.
This year’s conference will take place October 13-16, in San Antonio, Texas. ASA’s Personal Property Discipline Committee has put together a stellar line up of informative educational sessions along with an impressive group of industry experts as presenters.
Below is a brief snapshot of what’s been planned:
- The Chinese Dilemma: What's Going on in the Chinese Art Market?
Dessa Goddard, North American Director of Asian Works of Art, Bonhams
- Collectibles, Pop Culture and Memorabilia: The Rise and Emergence of the Market
Mike Gutierrez, Consignment Director, Sports Collectibles & Vintage Guitars, Heritage Auctions
- When Disaster Strikes: The Challenges of Damage and Loss Appraisals
Elin L. Lake-Ewald, ASA, Ph.D., MRICS, O'Toole-Ewald Art Association, Inc.
Sheryl Gillett, ASA, Gillett & Caudana Appraisers
Robert H. Goldberg, ASA, Collector Appraisal Services
Charles T. Rosoff, ASA, MRICS, Appraisal Services Associates
- Art Theft or Insurance Fraud? A Case Study
Jeremy Stone, ASA, Business Matters in the Visual Arts
- The Issues of Authenticating Art: Problems and Current Practices
Nancy Escher, ASA, Escher Associates
Debra Burchett-Lere, Director/Interim President, Sam Francis Foundation
Christine Steiner, Special Counsel, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
- Texas Regional Artists: An Introduction to the Lone Star State
David Dike, David Dike Fine Arts
- Deconstruction of a Collection: Opportunities for Appraisers
Leatrice S. Eagle, ASA, Eagle Associates, LLC
- Report Writing: Write it Right
Louise T. Hall, ASA, L.T. Hall Appraisals Inc.
Laurance D. Triplette, ASA, Laurance Triplette, LLC/Fine Art Services
Judith Vance, ASA, Judith Vance Fine Art Appraisals
Frances Zeman, FASA, Appraisal Resource Associates, Inc.
Designated appraisers seeking ASA reaccreditation credits can earn 12.75 hours.
To register or for more information visit www.appraisers.org
or call (800) 272-8258.