Chris Miller – Is the Managing Partner for Shearwater Aero Capital and has over 25 years of experience in the aviation and human capital arena. Shearwater Aero Capital provides strategic advisory services to aircraft owners, lenders, and lessors to facilitate proper management, maintenance, and value retention of their aviation assets. Prior to Shearwater, he oversaw Guggenheim Partners’ Business Aircraft Investment (BAI) Group. The BAI Group provided capital solutions to the business aviation industry; specifically asset based lending on medium to large sized business aircraft. In recent years, Mr. Miller’s aircraft transactions and financings have been focused in Europe, emerging Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
Before entering the business world, Mr. Miller served in the United States Marine Corps, as an F/A-18 pilot, Aircraft Maintenance Officer and Aviation Safety Officer. Mr. Miller is a graduate of the U.S. Navy & Marine Corps School of Aviation Safety and currently holds a commercial pilot rating. Mr. Miller received a BA from Denison University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Overview of Business Aviation Experience:
- Managing Director with Guggenheim Partners overseeing the firm’s Business Aircraft Investment (BAI) Group. The BAI Group provided asset based lending on medium to large sized business jet aircraft.
- Performed value assessment of over $800 million of asset based/limited recourse financing on business jets while at Guggenheim.
- Accredited as a Senior Aircraft Appraiser with the American Society of Appraisers in December 2011.
- President of the National Aircraft Finance Association (NAFA) – An organization comprised of 175 companies involved in the financing of business aircraft.
- Current appraisal clients - SunTrust Bank, Guggenheim Partners, Citizens Bank, ACASS, Shackelford, Bowen, McKinley & Norton, LLP.
- American Society of Appraisers - Investment Committee Member
- Currently providing strategic advisory services to aircraft owners, lenders, and lessors to facilitate proper management, maintenance, and value retention of their aviation assets.