Below, please find the minimum system requirements necessary to download ASA webinars and other media file formats from ASA’s website.
A webinar is a seminar that is conducted over the internet.
For PC-based participants:
- Windows 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
- Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
- Minimum of Pentium class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (recommended) (2 GH of RAM for Windows Vista)
For MAC-based participants:
- Mac OS X 10.5 – Leopard or newer
- Intel processor (512 MB or RAM or better recommended)
- Cable modem, DSL, or better internet connection
A Portable Document Format (PDF) file (developed by Adobe) is a file format that enables all computer users to open, review, and print the documents saved within the format. To view PDF’s you will need to have Adobe Reader installed on your system, which can be downloaded at Adobe.
Windows Media Video (WMV) (developed by Microsoft) is a file format created to store movies and other video content in a compressed format without compromising the quality of the video. To play WMV files, ASA recommends using Microsoft Windows Media Player, which can be downloaded at Microsoft.
Mp3 files are audio files that can be played using Windows Media Player (see above) or other media players such as RealPlayer, Winamp, QuickTime, etc. These other media players can be downloaded at their respective websites. .
A 7z file is an open source compressed file (created by the 7-zip Organization ). This compression type has the ability to compress a file to a much greater capacity than ZIP type compression making it easier to present large video files without having to break them into smaller parts.
How do I open a 7z file?
Before you can open a 7z file, you must first download the decompression utility. Please follow these steps:
- Visit 7-zip and download the FREE decompression utility.
- Depending on your operating system, select the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit application. If you use Windows XP, you are probably running a 32-bit system. If you are running Windows 7, you may have a 64-bit system. Please check your system to be sure. If you use a Mac, please select the appropriate package from the 7z link above.
- Once the application is downloaded, open the application and run it. You do not need a license to run this application as it is FREE.
- Once the application is installed, you may use it to open your 7z files.
**Please note the utilities listed on this page are not developed or maintained by ASA. If you have any issues with the utility downloads, please contact the company or your IT system administrator. If you have any issues with ASA material, please e-mail email@example.com.