Master Gemologist Appraiser®
The Master Gemologist Appraiser® certification mark is the most highly respected designation in the Gems and Jewelry appraisal profession.
In order to qualify for the MGA, an individual must meet all the following requirements:
- Have Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) status in the society
- Be a Graduate Gemologist (GG) from the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) or hold the designation of Fellow, Gemmological Association of Great Britain (FGA) or similar approved gemological designation
- Own or be employed by an owner of an ASA-registered gemological laboratory
- Pass the Farnsworth-Munsell 100-hue test for color discrimination
- Successfully complete the Master Gemologist Appraiser Program (GJ209 & GJ210)