It All Starts With “You”
Measuring the true return of your ASA membership investment.
There are so many choices in life…what to make for dinner, what movie to see, what airline to fly—the list goes on, including what professional appraisal organization to join. Most appraisal societies provide professional development, bestow designations and host networking conferences and events. But when it comes to measuring the true return of your membership investment, be sure to take a closer look.
As an appraisal practitioner, you know that easier and cheaper is not always better. You also understand that choices made are often connected with the value they hold. When it comes to measuring your membership investment, what sometimes gets lost in this equation is the “You” value.
"Membership is the ace in your pocket when the public seeks to hire a professional appraiser. It amounts to immediate recognition that its members have been trained, tested and have earned their designation in a specific type of property."
-Corinne Cain, ASA
Adding Value to “You”
The American Society of Appraisers is an organization of close to 5,000 respected, professional appraisers, many of whom are distinguished in their fields for their proficiency, knowledge and expertise. ASA’s education programs are developed and taught by recognized leaders in the appraisal profession. Our accreditation process is thorough and meticulous, and we only award the prestigious AM and ASA designations to those that meet the Society’s high standards. Our international and advanced conferences and events attract hundreds of appraisers from around the globe to learn about today’s issues and prepare for tomorrow’s challenges. Most notably, we do all this across six (6) disciplines of appraisal practice. No other professional appraisal organization does what ASA does.
"The changing financial market place necessitates my active membership in a truly multi-discipline organization. The uncertain regulatory environment fully justifies my membership costs through direct access to Washington D.C."
-Richard W. Gilmore, FASA
As a Member, What Does the AM or ASA Designation Say About “You”?
Sure, you can earn a designation more quickly somewhere else, you can even pay less, but when it comes to making an investment in “You”—your professional career, be sure to measure the true return on your investment.
An ASA designation demonstrates…
- “You” are committed to excellence. Membership in ASA is an investment that ensures “You” receive the education, information and tools you need to join your peers and become a recognized leader in your own right. ASA designated appraisers are held not only to a Society standard of ethics, but also to standards of professional practice promulgated by the Appraisal Foundation.
- “You” are educated and experienced at the highest level. Due to the complex nature of the appraisal profession, education and experience are crucial. That is why ASA requires extensive coursework and testing to build a solid knowledge foundation, thorough peer-evaluation of appraisal reports and 10,000 hours (or five years) of experience to receive the ASA designation.
- “You” have been tested and vetted. Appraisers who hold a professional designation from ASA provide the best valuation expertise available in the market today.
- “You” are accurate, impartial and credible. The ASA designation provides a peace of mind to consumers that they have hired the most highly qualified, ethical and experienced professional available and that the appraiser is an expert, providing professional, accurate and full asset value.
- “You” can get the job done for your client. Consumers are confident the appraisals they receive from ASA-accredited appraisers will be both reliable and authoritative.
Don’t trust your membership investment to anything less than the best. Get Started Now
Make the right choice–invest in “You”.