Accredited Member (AM) and Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in ARM
Illustrative overview of the ARM accreditation process - download this for reference.
Before applying for a designation in ARM, Candidates need to meet the following prerequisites:
- You are an approved Candidate and your USPAP continuing education requirements are up-to-date;
- You have met the discipline’s education requirements;
- You have met the college education requirement (or its equivalent); and
- You have two (2) years of full-time appraisal experience for the Accredited Member (AM) designation or five (5) years of full-time appraisal experience for the Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) designation - 2,000 hours = one (1) year of work
Applying for the AM or ASA Designation*
To apply for the AM or ASA designation, Candidates need to:
- Complete the online accreditation application;
- Provide proof of education (copy of degree/transcript or use the College Degree Equivalency Form)
- Submit an appraisal review experience log; and
- Submit one (1) narrative, appraisal review report performed in the last two (2) years; this report must be an actual report that was prepared for a client.
*Detailed information on prerequisites, the application process, and application requirements are outlined in the ARM Guide to Professional Accreditation.