Accredited Member (AM) and Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in GJ
Illustrative overview of the GJ accreditation process - download this for reference.
Before applying for a designation in GJ, please be sure you meet the following prerequisites:
- You are an approved ASA Candidate and your USPAP* continuing education requirements are up-to date;
- You have met the GJ discipline education requirements;
- You passed the GJ discipline exam;
- You have met the college education requirement;
- You hold a gemological diploma (G.G., FGA, FGAA or a suitable equivalent); and
- You have two (2) years of full-time appraisal experience for the Accredited Member (AM) designation
or five (5) years of full-time appraisal experience for the Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) designation.
Applying for the AM or ASA Designation*
To apply for the AM or ASA designation, Candidates need to submit the following:
Online Accreditation Application;
- Copy of Gemological Diploma;
- Proof of Required Education;
- Appraisal Experience Log; and
- Two (2) Appraisal Reports.
*Detailed information on prerequisites, the application process, and application requirements are outlined in the GJ Guide to Professional Accreditation.