NAIFA Education & Research Trust
The NAIFA Education and Research Trust is a separate, nonprofit corporation established by NAIFA and chartered in 1977. The mission of the trust is to carry on educational research and charitable activities related to the advancement of the
real property appraisal profession. The trust is exempt from income tax as a 501(c)3 organization; thus, contributions are deductible as charitable contributions.
The trust is managed by a board of directors who sit as trustees, but have no other legal connection with the trust, which manages its affairs independently of ASA post merger with NAIFA.
The Trust is supported by contributions and revenue from auctions at ASAʼs international conference.
The NAIFA Education and Research Trust was established in 1977 to:
- Promote or conduct research in the real estate appraisal profession.
- Promote the establishment of better educational standards for the real estate appraisal profession.
- Grant scholarships to worthy students in connection with the preparation for the real estate appraisal profession.
- Create grants, from time to time, to institutions of higher learning to assist them, in the reasonable needs of the institution, to further real estate appraisal education programs.
- Encourage and foster training of students studying for a career in real estate appraisal in qualified educational institutions.
- Encourage and foster the writing of literature, articles and books, and the publication of some, on the subject of real estate appraisal and related subjects.
- Prepare and publish material found pertinent to the real estate appraisal profession.
- Establish and maintain a library of books and writings, on the subject of real estate appraisal and related topics. And for such other uses and purposes consistent with the general purposes of an education and research trust.