Accredited Member (AM) and Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in MTS
Illustrative overview of the MTS accreditation process - download this for reference.
Before applying for a designation in MTS, please be sure you meet the following prerequisites:
- You are an approved ASA Candidate and your USPAP continuing education requirements are up-to-date;
- You have met the MTS discipline education requirements;
- You have met the college education requirement; and
- You have two (2) years of full-time appraisal experience for the Accredited Member (AM)
designation or five (5) years of full-time appraisal experience for the Accredited Senior
Appraiser (ASA) designation. 2,000 hours = one (1) year of work experience.
Applying for the AM/ASA Designation
To apply for the AM or ASA designation, Candidates need to:
- Complete the online accreditation application;
- Provide proof of education (copy of degree/transcript) or if eligible, use the College
Degree Equivalency Form
- Submit an appraisal experience log;
- Submit one (1) narrative, appraisal report performed in the last two (2) years - this must be an actual report
that was prepared for a client; and
- Complete and upload the MTS Appraisal Report Checklist with your appraisal report.
*Detailed information on prerequisites, the application process, and application requirements are outlined in the MTS Guide to Professional Accreditation. Guide to Professional Accreditation.