Before applying for a designation in PP, Candidates should meet the following prerequisites:
- You are an approved Candidate and your USPAP* continuing education requirements are up-to-date;
- You have met the PP discipline education requirements;
- You passed the 4-hour exam in your chosen specialty;
- You have met the college education requirement (or its equivalent); and
- You have two (2) years of full-time appraisal experience for the Accredited Member (AM) designation or five (5) years of full-time appraisal experience for the Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) designation. 1,800 hours = one (1) year of work
Applying for the AM or ASA Designation*
To apply for the AM or ASA Designation, Candidates need to:
- Complete the online accreditation application;
- Provide proof of higher education (copy of degree/transcript or College Degree
- Submit an Advancement Experience Log;
- Submit two (2) appraisal reports prepared for an actual client (within two (2) years of submitting the accreditation application) in the specialty for which the Candidate is applying for a designation
- Submit a completed PP Appraisal Report Checklist to accompany each submitted report.
*Detailed information on prerequisites, the application process, and application requirements are outlined in the PP Guide to Professional Accreditation.