Who is the Certification for?
The Master Gemologist Appraiser® certification mark is the most highly respected credential in the Gems and Jewelry appraisal profession.
What are the Requirements?
To qualify for the MGA, an individual must meet all the following requirements:
- Have Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) status in the society
- Be a Graduate Gemologist (GG) from the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) or hold the designation of Fellow, Gemmological Association of Great Britain (FGA) or similar approved gemological designation
- Own or be employed by an owner of an ASA-registered gemological laboratory
- Pass the Farnsworth-Munsell 100-hue test for color discrimination
- Successfully complete the Master Gemologist Appraiser Program (GJ209 & GJ210)
Where Can I Get More Information?
More information may be found in the GJ Guide to Professional Accreditation or you may contact ASA's GJ Credentialing Specialist at 800-272-8258.