Credentialing Process Overview
Earning a Credential With ASA is as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Complete your discipline-specific education: Meet your discipline's education requirements by completing required fundamental and/or advanced coursework.
- Ensure your USPAP is up-to-date: All ASA Members must ensure their USPAP continuing education requirements are up-to-date.
- Next, letʼs look at what you need in terms of appraisal experience.
- Those applying for the Accredited Member (AM) designation require two (2) years of full-time appraisal experience and those applying for the Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) designation require five (5) years of full-time appraisal experience.
- Specialty designations and ASA Certification programs may require additional experience.
- Your disciplineʼs Guide to Professional Accreditation details the type of experience required.
Once your education and experience requirements have been met, you are eligible to begin the online credentialing application process.